Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Tuesday with Heidi

I'm thankful for…work for today…and the cheques that Ben brought home which will allow us to catch up a few bills!

I'm listening to…Manda & Kirby playing together. It’s been so fun to see how they interact without BenjaminJ.

What's for supper tonight…don’t know yet…I’ve been working on making a “home management” binder…but one of the things I haven’t gotten to yet is the menu plan…it’ll make life so much easier when I get to it!

Highlights from last week…I shopped for Amanda’s school stuff. I spent an hour or so praying at the school with a few other parents…felt very good to do that before bringing Benjamin to school for the first time! Our anniversary…we’ve been married for nine years!...which we both completely forgot. I remembered at about 8:30 that night & was devastated…I live for those few days each year that I get to plan something special for Ben. On Thursday, Benjamin started school! For more info on that you can look at the posts titled “School” & “Ups & Downs”. I’m not going to give too much detail this week…just trying to get back in the swing of doing thisJ…and yes I’m still working on more summer blogs! The one highlight of last week was going campingJ…I’m going to blog separately about that though…stay tuned…

What's happening this week…School (only 3 days though!)…otherwise, trying to get back in the habit of doing Amanda’s program…and getting ready to start school with Amanda. I don’t know what we’ll do for the weekend yet…Benjamin has Friday off so we’ll have to do something special, but haven’t decided what yet. Sunday is Kick-off Sunday at our church & Kid’s Rock registration after the service…I’m excitedJ. I feel good about Kid’s Rock this year…I nearly have enough helpers already which feels wonderful & I think it’ll be a great year!

I am missing…my dear friend Sheri. It’s been nearly 9 months since we said good-bye…I pray that God has another plan so that I don’t have to wait another 3 years to see herJ!

I am praying for…my cousin, her husband & their 2 young boys. They’ve been given 23 days notice to move out of their house (nothing they did wrong). They have no idea where they’ll move & had no idea this was coming. Jesus give them peace, give them wisdom…provide the perfect home for them Lord…help them to shine your light even though it’s a frustrating & scary situation…help them to see your purpose in this!