Adapted from http://www.cravingchronicles.com/
1 lb. Milk chocolate “melting chips”
(the recipe I found used dark chocolate, but I prefer milk chocolate)
Note: I didn’t actually meaure my chocolate, I just melted it...added enough peppermint flavor & am going to keep doing crackers till it’s gone.
2 sleeves Ritz crackers
½ tsp. Peppermint extract
Note: You can taste the chocolate & add more peppermint if you like.
IMPORTANT: the extract must be an oil flavor, not a regular peppermint extract
· *Lay wax paper out on a counter, table or cookie sheet
· *Melt chocolate at 50% power in the microwave, stirring often
· *Remove from the microwave when there are still a few lumps & stir to melt the rest
· *Add peppermint extract & stir well
· *Dip the crackers, one at a time in the chocolate, coating both sides, using a fork to lift them out
· *You can leave the cookies plain or you can put something on top immediately after dipping them (so the chocolate is still soft)...we put a small chunk of candy cane on top of each, but there’s lots you could doJ
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!!