Tuesday, September 8, 2009

BC trip part 4

On Tuesday we headed to the waterpark again…this time with swimsuitsJ…and had a blast. Water feels so good when it’s hot outside! Manda being goofy getting ready to go...

Waiting to get wet...

Once the kids were done getting wet they wanted to play at the playground that was next to the waterpark. I decided to let them play for a little before we went back for lunch. There were kind of 2 separate areas in the playground…one that was obviously for a little older kids, one for younger. On the older kids part there was a zip line. Benjamin right away wanted to try & did great. Initially when the other 2 asked I said no because I didn’t want them to get hurt…but then I remembered the zip line at one of the beaches that goes into the water. I thought if they could figure it out on this little one, then they could do that one…and it’s so much fun! So I decided to let them each try once. As they started up the ladder (like big bars for steps…quite far apart & set out from the playground…hard to explain) I turned my head to watch Benjamin go down the zip line. Manda screamed…I turned to see her laying in a heap at the bottom…scrape on her forehead & shoulder…still not sure exactly what happened, but the best I can figure, she slipped…as she fell her leg got caught between 2 of the bars…& she landed on her head. She was really upset & I was really unsure of what to do. I hate wondering about head injuries & part of me just wanted to take her in…but who wants to waste a holiday sitting in an emergency room? The worst part is, she was half upset just cause she wanted to go on the zip line still. Long story short…I let her go on the zip line once, keeping my hands ready the whole time…both her & Kirby loved it…and I watched her really closely for the rest of the day & the next…she was fine. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do the rest of the day on Tuesday…but when we got back to Gram & Gramps’ there was a phone message waiting for me from my cousin. She came over that afternoon. It was sooo good to see her again. We were always really close with their family & it’s been a long time since we’ve seen them…she has 2 kids now…and I haven’t even seen her since her first was born! Kirby & Amanda were sleeping when they got there...once I woke them up Simeon was trying so hard to get Kirby to play with him. It's too bad that Kirby was ready to play about the time they had to leave. Manda was pretty quiet after waking up too. She had a pretty good bruise on her forehead from falling & a big scrape on her shoulder...she mostly just wanted to lay low...

Benjamin enjoyed playing Chinese Checkers with Gram while I visited...

Manda was fully awake as they left & wishing she could hold little Safia (correct me if I spelled it wrong Rach)...

It was great to catch up & just be able to hang out! Thanks for coming Rachael! Cuddles with Gramps create a precious memory...After supper that evening we headed to the beach with Gram & Gramps. I put swimsuits on the kids just because I knew they were going to get wet anyways…but I didn’t think it would be that hot, so I was just going to put my feet in. I was wrong… The kids had a blast swimming & playing in the sand…and I wished I was in the water with them…but it was still good to get my feet wet & take pictures!


1 comment:

Muirhead Family said...

Boy, I sure see you in Amanda Heidi! What a beautiful little girl.
So glad you're getting caught up on blog posts!