Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tragedy...

The kids & I drove to Lethbridge on Saturday to go to my sister Jodi’s grad recital. After getting stuck on Deerfoot in Calgary for over ½ an hour because of a fender bender, I was relieved to be on the way. Just before we got to Nanton we came to a bad accident. There weren’t very many other vehicles there & I figured it was fairly new. We only waited about 10 minutes before we were able to get by. (It turns out we passed about 3 hours after it happened.) What I saw when we went by really shook me up. A smashed car with a tarp over it…and people around another area holding up tarps. My heart sank. I knew what that most likely meant. Right away I felt burdened to pray for the people in the accident & their families. I talked about it a little with the kids (Benjamin especially has a vivid imagination & it’s important to talk about it.).

I looked it up online when we got home on Sunday night…4 women killed…only survivor was a 6 month old baby girl. I found out this evening that one of the girls was a family friend of one of my sisters’ friends. Another reminder of how close to home it is. I can’t imagine the pain these families are going through. Jesus thank you for the hope that at least one of the families has in You. Use this to bring people to You Lord. Give them peace…peace that only You can give Lord Jesus. Comfort them, wrap Your arms around them & give them peace.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/alberta/2009/11/21/11857496.html

No comments: